Why Choose Us
We invite you to read through the reasons we believe we are the best home for you or your loved one:
- Calm, quiet, relaxing atmosphere located right on the lake
- Bright, sunny, open living area with some bedrooms that have views of the lake
- Conveniently located close to all necessary amenities (grocery store, clinics), but home has a rural feel
- Beautiful setting on the lake with access to kayaks and canoes
- Home is handicap accessible, including all the way to the water and onto the dock!
- Residents are able to fish right off of the dock. Family/friends can come and do the same any time they would like.
- Myself and husband live on site which allows us to respond immediately to any issues. We are available 24/7/365 and know our residents like the back of our hands!
- Experienced, caring, and long term staff. My husband and I focus on staff retention as a huge goal. Consistent staff results in staff knowing residents well, and residents not feeling “abandoned” because of high staff turnover. We feel the consistency and continuity of care results in lessened stress, better care, and in turn a happier household!
- High staff:resident ratio
- Each resident has a schedule that is tailored to their needs and interests
- Focus on swift communication between staff, myself, residents, guardians, case managers, therapists, doctors in order to address any issues/concerns quickly. We find involving everyone as a Team is the most effective.
- When an issue arises, the “Team” is notified and often brainstorming will occur between the Team to solve the issue in the safest, quickest and most effective way possible. Any issues that arise in the home are addressed immediately - not left to get worse!
- I am a certified Physician Assistant (like Nurse Practitioner) so I have extensive medical knowledge (but do not practice medicine in the home). I have worked in multiple disciplines including: Hospital Medicine, with Hospice patients, Family Medicine, Pediatric Clinic, and in Urgent Care. I am also a Licensed Assisted Living Director.
- I was a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) and Direct Support Specialist (DSP) for many years prior to becoming a Physician Assistant
- Reliable, safe, all wheel drive, company vehicle with staff that have background and driving records checked prior to employment and yearly thereafter
- All staff and owners trained in CPR/First Aid
- Along with our already extensive training, staff receive specialty training depending on a resident's medical conditions
- Bonfires and Smores (weather permitting) in spring, summer, and fall
- Outdoor meals at any time, weather permitting
- Outdoor movies on projector screen in summer, weather permitting
- Outdoor activities and games are encouraged (horseshoes, ladder golf, bean bag toss, volleyball, basketball, karaoke etc.)
- Comfy, electric recline leather couches and rotating holiday specific home decor
- In-floor heat to keep the feet toasty in winter!
- Whole home, communicating hardwired fire/carbon monoxide detectors. In depth fire drills with scenarios are run every 3 months
- Medication training for staff includes a "quadruple-check protocol" that helps prevent medication errors
- Frequent parties for birthdays and holidays (including birthday parties for pets!)
- Fun events, projects, activities, and outings tailored to fit schedules every week to keep the residents active and engaged. Residents are not required to participate, but are definitely encouraged!
- Any desired outings/activities outside of the home are encouraged and very rarely limited
- Friendly pets in the home that act as emotional support animals. Our residents are encouraged to take the dogs for a walk or to the park!
- Raspberry patches in the yard - great for making our fresh raspberry breakfast smoothies!
- Wildflower picking in the yard during the summer - see our Lake Home pictures for a peek at our stunning wildflowers located right on the property!
- Bird (and sometimes squirrel) feeders at the home for bird watching
- All meals are prepared from scratch by staff. Breakfast is made to order. Lunch and dinner are on a 9 week rotating menu– most of the food purchased is fresh and avoiding red meat (for example: ground turkey instead of ground beef, turkey bacon instead of regular bacon). Fruit and vegetables are encouraged (but not required) as snacks.
- We spend more than required by the state on resident meals which allows for higher quality and healthier foods
- Frequent thorough daily cleaning schedule which helps keep germs at bay (We have NOT had covid in the home!)
- New staff members are trained extensively on the home and each resident. We never allow a person to take care of the resident before they are ready or we believe they are 100% competent. We are VERY picky on who we hire and allow into our home as staff!
Thank you for taking the time to read about our home. Please do not hesitate to call or email if you have any questions or if you or a loved one is interested in joining our home!